- Due to Covid spread prevention, we are reduced the event to be 2, back to back games. Not 3 games. No break between.
- The Champions Cup is 4/2 and the tentative schedule is on-line (upper right of this page). The schedule will be firm on 3/1.
The CHAMPIONS CUP is a “ONE Day Friendly Tournament”. The purpose is for players to enjoy the game of soccer in a fun setting and celebrate our SLSG LIVING LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP. A great way to end the season with a positive event.
The format of our one day tournaments is 3 friendly games and all will have a positive culture theme (see below). We will not have finals or winners but feel free to keep track and make it competitive inside your team.
Players are encouraged to be creative and not be afraid to take chances. Coaches and team leaders are encouraged to simply substitute and let the players coach themselves on the field. Please let the game be the teacher. Players, Coaches and Fans are encouraged to RESPECT all aspects of the game.
2020 / 2021 One Day Tournaments:
Unity Cup is a Shield Values Celebration Event – Saturday - 9/12/20 (posponed) Turkey Bowl is an Upper 90 Community Outreach Celebration Event – Saturday - 11/28/20 Spring Kick Off (Turkey Bowl Make Up) - 2/14
Champions Cup is a Living Legacy Foundation Celebration event – 4/2/21
All events will have a soccer shoe and ball collection to support our SLSG Upper 90 Soccer Missions. This year the missions will give to Honduras, Zambia and Urban STL. Please bring these items to the tournament headquarters. For more information on these projects – click here
– U6 to U12
– One Day Only
– Boys and Girls
– 9 AM to 9 PM (We will try to get all teams to play in a 2 hour window)
– Two 44 min games (no final or winner announced)
– The cost of this event is included in your club dues
If there are questions, please contact Ado Jahic - One Day Tournament Director - AJahic@SLSGsoccer.com