EVENT DATE - 4/10/20
• Sign Up Deadline 2/10/20
• Accepted Team List Announced 2/11/20
• Bracket Release 2/19/20
• Schedule Released 2/20/20
• Double Check Schedule 2/21. 3/1, 4/1, 4/9
• Game Day 4/10 - WWT Soccer Park
The SLSG Champions Cup is a one-day friendly tournament. The 2020 event will be at the WWT Soccer Park on Friday, 4/10 from 9 AM to 9 PM. The purpose of the Champions Cup is for players to enjoy the game of soccer in a fun setting and celebrate the Living Legacy Scholarship Foundation.
The SLSG Living Legacy Foundation is an endowment that allows for scholarships to be awarded to deserving players who have talent and passion but may not have the financial resources to join the club or continue as a valued player. The fund does this in memory of SLSG players who unfortunately lost their lives at a young age. As part of the Champions Cup, we will have Living Legacy showcase games on the main field. More on the Living Legacy Scholarship - click here.
CHAMPIONS CUP FORMAT:
Players are encouraged to be creative and not be afraid to take chances. Coaches and team leaders are encouraged to simply substitute and let the players coach themselves on the field. Please let the game be the teacher. Players, Coaches and Fans are encouraged to RESPECT all aspects of the game. We will not have finals or winners but feel free to keep track and make it competitive inside your team.
We will have a soccer shoe and ball collection to support our SLSG Upper 90 Soccer Missions. This year the missions will give to Honduras, Zambia, Haiti and Urban STL. Please bring these items to the tournament headquarters. For more information on these Upper 90 projects – click here
– U6 to U12
– One Day Only
– Boys and Girls
– 9 AM to 9 PM (We will try to get all teams to play in a 4 to 5 hour window)
– Three 44 min games (22 minute halfs, 8 minute halftime, no final or winner announced)
– If you are in a bracket of 5, you possibly have a fourth game
– The cost of this event is included in your club dues
Sign Up Deadline 2/10 - Click Here