Each year, Epworth serves more than 7,000 at-risk youth and families in the St. Louis area through more than one dozen programs. We work with families to prevent abuse or neglect, youth in the foster care system, homeless youth, students with special needs, and kids who have sufered abuse or neglect. Our goal is to help youth become self-suicient, independent adults.
To help youth and families find strengths, break through obstacles, and build brighter futures.
Suggested Youth Service Opportunities:
- Collect personal care items and assemble into hygiene kits for homeless teens (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, washcloth, deodorant, lotion, etc.)
- Collect backpacks and other school supplies for all ages.
- Collect new socks and underwear for teens who are homeless.
- Dedicate a tournament to youth in foster care. Simultaneously set-up collection spots for donations of toys, hygiene items, school supplies, etc.
- Make baby or twin-size blankets.
- Provide a birthday party by having friends bring gifts for youth at Epworth to your birthday party. This can be for any age 5 to 18.
- Collect gently worn jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes.
- Collect items for babies such as diapers, baby wipes, etc.
- Put together a meal, non-perishable items in non-breakable containers to send home on Fridays with youth in our school.
- Adopt a Dorm (6 or 8 youth) by sending cards and/or snacks once a month. Birthdays could also be recognized.
- Collect NEW or GENTLY USED toys for kids of all ages like Legos, puzzles, books and games.
To deliver these items to our Webster Groves location, please contact Margaret to make anappointment. During delivery, youth will have the chance to learn more about Epworth. We are also open to discussing other ideas you may have for youth service opportunities.
110 North Elm Ave., Webster Groves, MO 63119